Styled by Someone Else: Deena

June 28, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz


Welcome to our newest series on the Blended Blog!  We came up with this idea at the Vegas blog conference and thought it would be fun to see what someone else would pick out for us to wear.  Luckily, I had many willing participants in the house this particular day to use for what you are going to see today.

Let me set the scene:



It was a lazy Saturday morning.  My mom was feeling energetic and simultaneously washing my cupboards while making a chicken caesar salad.  Willis was baking cookies and our Jen was enjoying a sleep in.  Lucia, having slept until 9, only wanted to go snuggle with Jen and wake her up.  Dan was in his happy placing out on his tractor, trying to get some cutting done before the rain storms came. The perfect setting to have some fun in prep for the inaugural Styled by Someone Else post.

When asked to go pick something out of my closet for me to wear, jewelry and makeup included, this is what they picked.

Lucia: She liked the colours together and specifically wanted red lipstick, pink blush and gold eye shadow.  She's a nut.

Mom: She wanted orange shoes, how do you not have orange shoes, she asks?  She was going for neutrals with a pop of bold pattern.  She requested purple lips to contrast the orange accents.

Willis: He was going for a flowery look, clearly, because I'm wearing EVERY FLORAL PIECE I OWN. And the nude lip and hair in a pony.

Kinsey: She's a color coordinator at it's best...all kinds of blues with bold red lips.


Jen: She built the outfit around a piece she liked.  She wanted my makeup to be minimal with black eyeliner.



In the end, I had a blast seeing what other people would choose for me.  Considering I spend most of my shopping time dressing other people, this was a nice change!  I look forward to seeing the next interpretations when we bring this series back mid July.

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>