Featured Friday: the FABulous Journey

June 24, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

I'm super excited to introduce you to Shellie from the FABulous Journey.  Her blog is a great resource of information for women, covering everything from fashion to fitness to inspiration.  Check out her two favourite posts : Clean and Classic Shorts: What I Really Wore and  5 Midlife Fitness Mistakes.  




Are you married? YES, it will be 27 years in August. 

What marriage advice would you give to a couple getting married? No one is right all the time. If you always insist on winning, then you will end up losing in the end. A lasting relationship should never be a competition. Instead, see his success as your success.

What have you learned? Love is in the little things. If you consistently show care in small ways, then you will have enough love banked to weather the big storms when they inevitably come.

What would you consider your greatest accomplishment and why? I see my two grown, well-adjusted kids as my greatest accomplishments.

How would you describe yourself in 3 words? optimistic, confident, pragmatic

What is something that people might be surprised to know about you?
 I have lived primarily in Asia since 1994. I speak Thai and Lao.




What inspired you to start blogging?
I launched a new weight journey in November, 2014 after years of yo-yo dieting. After a 50-day period of introspection and journaling about my thoughts and expectations about food, I decided to start a blog to share what I had learned.
That original blog, Weight Journey, actually no longer exists because shortly after I started it, I decided I wanted to talk about more than just weight loss and fitness. I was listening to a podcast about living a life of calling…that place where what you love and what you’re known for intersects with the needs of your neighbor, and waalah The FABulous Journey was born.
What is your style “uniform”? I wear a lot of black. In fact, my husband will often ask me, “What shade of black are you going to wear today?” But for me, I actually wear black because it looks good with my skin tone and coloring. I also like to shake things up with pops of colored accessories.
Do you like to dine-out or stay-in and cook dinner?
I love to eat out! In fact, our family vacations usually revolve around eating at cool places. I spend time researching where all the locals like to eat and places that have been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

And, what is your favorite meal or restaurant?
I’m crazy about pizza and chocolate chip cookies…you can never have enough!


You can follow Shellie on Pinterest here!

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>