10 Years Forward: Sarah

June 21, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

Hello! Sarah from Foxy's Domestic Side here, today we start a fun new series here on The Blended Blog. While we were trying to come up with some fun new things to do on the blog, one of us was reading ( I can't for the life of me remember who, I want to say Deena...maybe Sheila? Lana?) was reading What Alice Forgot (currently on my nightstand ready to be read), where she wakes up and can't remember the past 10 years. So for the next 6 months, the third Tuesday will be where we think we'll be in 10 years. Obviously I'm up first...So here it goes:





To get you all in the right frame of mind...These will be my stats in 10 years:

Baby Fox - Will be 15.5 (say what?! Sniff, Sniff)

Mini Fox - Will be 12.75 (almost two teenagers....)

Me - Will be 10 years older...haha, j/k I'll be 46

Mr. - Will be 49

Okay now that we've set that up, here's where I think we'll be in 10 years.

Baby Fox will be almost done with his freshman year of high school, holy cow, this is getting real, 10 years doesn't seem like a lot when you say it, but in reality...wow, he's going to be a man...almost driving!



Mini Fox will almost done with 6th grade, tween era, so not looking forward to the mood swings and attitude...oh wait, I get the attitude now, so probably not much different.



Anyways, for the kids I think that Baby Fox will probably be in some sort of non competitive after school activity and Mini Fox will most like be in gymnastics or dance and really loving it (so far at age 2.5 she shows no signs of liking any sport, at all).



Most likely I'll be at home full time, making sure the kids don't get into any trouble. Mr. and I have been setting up our life so that when the kids get into school I could stop working (if I wanted) so I could be home for the kids, take them to their after school activities and help with homework. We always felt that kids need to be accountable for their time, by me being home gives them that accountability.


We'd also most likely start traveling, we want to show the kids the world, have them try new experiences and see what else is out there. We'd really like to live somewhere for the summers, really emerge the kids into that culture for a few months.


We'd also be more involved in the church. Before we had kids were were a part of a couple of ministries, but with kids that has become harder to do, so hopefully in 10 years we'll be able to be a bigger part of our church community, and we've talked about starting a marriage ministry at our church. We were part of it when we were newly married in our old church and loved it. We'd also like to start being the leaders of Engaged Encounter, we had such a wonderful experience, that we hope we can pass that same encouragement and love onto other couples just starting out their lives.

Mr. and I constantly talk about what the future holds and where we want to be in X amount of years. It's going to be fun to come back to this post in 10 years and see where we are.

Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?


0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>