Featured on Friday: Jo-Lynne

January 29, 2016, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

Today, we are featuring Jo-Lynne from Jo-Lynne Shane.

Please follow her on Instagram here.




I’ve been a follower of Christ since I was a child. I grew up in Southwestern Virginia in the age of Aqua Net and scrunchies. I met the love of my life while I was at Gordon College, and we settled in the suburbs of Philadelphia because that’s where his job was. We’ve lived here for almost 20 years, which is longer than I ever lived in Virginia, so I guess I’m officially a Pennsylvanian.

I was a 3rd grade teacher in my former life, but I “retired” after just a few years so I could stay home with our kids. We have three children and a very spoiled fluffy white dog. 

My husband says I have two speeds — stop and go. I like to say I’m the most outgoing introvert you’ll ever meet. I love a good party, but I’m just as happy to stay home with my Kindle and a glass of wine.  

You can follow me at Jo-Lynne Shane.



Here are our interview questions and Jo-Lynne’s thoughtful answers.

Do you have any children? What parenting advice would you give to a someone having a new baby?

I have 3 children. My best advice is to trust your instincts. Don't worry about what everyone else is doing or what the "experts" say, although it is good to be informed and consider your options. But at the end of the day, you are the best mother for your child, and you should trust your gut.

What would you consider your greatest accomplishment and why?

Training for and running a half marathon AND coming in a couple minutes under my goal time. I have never worked so hard or so consistently towards a goal, and it is something I never in a million YEARS thought I could or would do. 

What is your oddest habit?

I chew on my tongue. It is gross, and I have tried SO hard to stop. It started when I had Invisalign braces, and I haven't been able to break the habit since. 


What has been the most rewarding outcome of blogging?

The community of women who have become my friends through my blog is by far the most rewarding outcome of this little hobby that has turned into my full-time job. I would blog even if it weren't producing an income, although that is certainly a great perk.


What is your style “uniform”?

Skinny jeans, t-shirt or sweater, and tall boots (winter) or sandals/ballet flats (summer). SO easy. The key to keeping it chic is to add a great accessory or two. I love a fabulous handbag or a pretty scarf. I also appreciate pretty jewelry, but I try to keep it minimal.

Do you like to dine-out or stay-in and cook dinner?

I love to eat out if it's a nice restaurant. I'm old and tired of cooking. :)




Thank you, Jo-Lynne for joining our series.  XO



0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>