Featured on Fridays

September 18, 2015, by Deena @Shoes to Shiraz

Today we are featuring Leslie from Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After    
You can take peak into her world on her on Pinterest page.


1. Other than blogging, what do you do for a living? I am a retired school librarian who is now subbing in the libraries in my neighborhood district.  I am also doing volunteer work in the library at the El Paso Holocaust Museum. 
               
2. What is your greatest unfulfilled ambition?I have always dreamed of writing a book.  I imagined that if I ever realized that dream, it would probably be a children's book.  I have lots of stories started but lack the self-confidence to finish any of them.   
     
3. What is something that people might be surprised to know about you?I had a televised reading program that aired locally in the west Texas-southern New Mexico viewing area for ten years.  I read books aloud, provided a craft activity to support the theme of each particular show and had a live audience interacting with me.  
    
4. What hobbies do you have other than blogging? I was an art ed major in college so I enjoy doing creative projects and always built an art activity into my library lessons.  I like to paint, draw, color with pastels, cross-stitch and scrapbook but I get so wrapped around the hub about doing everything really well that I don't accomplish much!  Also love to read, hike, run, garden and eat.        
         
5. What has been the biggest challenge with blogging?  What has been the most rewarding outcome of blogging?I struggle to know if what I am doing with my blogging matters.  I enjoy writing my posts so that should be enough reward but I would love to hear more feedback from my readers...ha, if I have any!  Hmmm, maybe that's why I don't hear anything???      
      
6. What is your favorite style season (fall, spring, summer, winter) and why?Can I pick two?  Probably spring and/or fall.  I like layering, wearing cardis, light jackets, blazers and it is too darn hot in El Paso to wear clothes in the summer, much less layers of them!  Love sweaters, pretty patterns and earth tones.  
                      
7. Do you enjoy gardening, sewing, decorating, painting or photography? What is your latest project?I enjoy all of the above with the exception of sewing.  And I wish I did sew.  I have an idea swimming around in my head for a piece of art(?) for a guest bedroom.  Hope to work on it very soon.  I have an acrylic painting just started that needs some attention.  Looking forward to pulling out fall decorations very soon.  

If you are interested in working with us, please email us at theblendedblog@gmail.com
Have a great weekend
-TBBloggers

0 comments

Instagram

FOLLOW US @ INSTAGRAM>